tattoos

Monday, June 14, 2010

PayPal Reinstates Atlas Shrugs

On Friday, PayPal notified Pamela Geller of Atlas Shrugs that her site promoted "hate, violence, racial intolerance, or the financial exploitation of a crime." Her readers reacted and contacted PayPal to voice their support of Pamela's site and work. Today Pamela posted:
I posted it over the weekend and received over a thousand letters of support, hundreds of ccs of paypal account cancellations........ the people spoke. Love that.


And so today, about an hour ago, a very pleasant and rather deliberately clueless executive called me from paypal to say it was all a big misunderstanding and Atlas would be reinstated (and the subsequent restriction of SIOA and FDI removed also).

[snip]

She said Atlas was mistakenly designated when "in review." I asked why was Atlas in review. Paypal has been on this website since 2005. She did not have an answer. I asked what recourse do smaller websites have? As this is my real concern. My soapbox is pretty big, but what about small blogs?

[snip]

Needless to say, I am not going back. I told her that, too. She wished I would reconsider. But, no. I am sticking with Gpal -- the G stands for guns :)

The real story is that we stood up and the weasels backed down. We will fight each battle this way.

Congratulations, Pamela.

__________

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

blogger templates | Blogger